What are power options on Ruijie WLAN AP?
There are following power options on Ruijie WLAN AP:
– RG-AP530-I: (X-sense) – DC power adapter & 802.3af PoE (802.3at PoE+ for full performance)
– RG-AP330-I: (X-sense) – DC power adapter & 802.3af PoE
– RG-AP320-I: (X-sense) – DC power adapter & 802.3af PoE
– RG-AP220-E(M)-V2: (i-Share) – DC power adapter & 802.3af PoE
– RG-AP120-W (Wall): – 802.3af PoE
Has Ruijie WiFi planning tool?
Now we have Chinese version coverage planning system only. So you can share the project info to us,then we will help you to give you a plan report to you. Or you can use some other vendor’s software first.
Does Ruijie AP support WDS tehnology?
All Ruijie AP support WDS Technology (Wireless Distribution System). Additionally to WDS technology, Ruijie AP together with Wireless Controller provides Intelligent Load Balancing – real time distribution of active users between different AP in order to balance load of all AP’s.
Ruijie WLAN Controllers licenses – what are included & supported?
Ruijie WLAN Controllers licenses are related to max number of WLAN AP:
– RG-WS3302 – Max support 32 AP Licenses – 32 Licenses included by default
– RG-WS5302 – Max support 128 AP Licenses – 32 Licenses included by defaultRG
– RG-WS5708 – Max support 1024 AP Licenses – 128 Licenses included by default
Load balancing between 2 Ruijie Wireless Controllers?
It is possible to unify AP’s in cluster and set up Load Balansing and redundancy priorities between multiple Wireless Controllers. AP Licenses needed on all controllers.
If Ruijie Wireless Controller stop work will Access point continue to work?
Ruijie AP support Remote Intelligent Perception Technology (RIPT) technology, with essence is, if in case Access Controller goes down and it has no backup, Access Point’s still has access to Internet/Network resources.
Does Ruijie WLAN Controllers support Stacking?
Yes, Ruijie WLAN Controllers support Stacking, Intelligent load balancing, N+1 Redundancy. In case of such redundancy setup AP licensing should be done on all controllers.
Volume of Ruijie WLAN Controller included licenses?
- RG-WS3302 – Max support 32 AP Licenses – 32 Licenses included by default
- RG-WS5302 – Max support 128 AP Licenses – 32 Licenses included by default
- RG-WS5708 – Max support 1024 AP Licenses – 128 Licenses included by default
Is it possible to share Ruijie WLAN Access Controller between 20 different Companies?
WLAN Controller is network device capable to manage high number of AP’s. This management is realized trough Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) protocol. These AP’s can be located in different networks/customers and they can have different SSID & VLAN Mappings. From administrative point of view WLAN controller, just as any network device, support 16 hierarchical access control levels trough Telnet SSH & SNMPv3. It’s alos possible to use RADIUS authentication.
If solution is deployed together with Ruijie SNC Software platform (SNC – Smart Network Commander), then SuperAdmin can configure high number of administrators, with has different access rights to devices and can see devices related only to him.
Does Ruijie WiFI has software wireless controller?
Ruijie currently offering hardware based wireless controller. Basically here open discussion of business model Software as a Service vs In-house deployment. It’s needed to compare these pay-per-seat/capacity/functionality cost against investment made in hardware. In case of Ruijie we are offering reasonable pricing and very wide functionality and often it can be more reasonable to deploy in-house solution.
Second topic is Security risks, as SaaS based solutions are out of control in terms of “being remote “from actual network, information security risks in case of sensitive enterprise networking data and also from aspect of performance control.
As well – Ruijie Wireless Controller can manage 3rd party AP’s by using CAPWAP protocol and 3rd party software (also cloud) can manage Ruijie AP’s with same CAPWAP.
Ruijie Wireless controller functionality includes very powerful function set:
- -Number of Access User Limitation based on WLAN
- -MAX WLAN ID – 2048/4094
- -802.11 Rate Set Deployment – Imperative/Support/Not Support
- -CAPWAP Tunnel – CAPWAP NAT Traversal
- -CAPWAP Tunnel – CAPWAP v6
- -Radio Resource Management – Radio Resource Grouping
- -Radio Resource Management – Radio Resource Monitoring
- -Radio Resource Management – Dynamic Channel Assignment (DCA)
- -Radio Resource Management – Transmit Power Control (TPC)
- -Radio Resource Management – Blind Area Detection and Repair
- -AP Management – 2.4G/5G Band Selection
- -AP Management – Load Balancing – Based on traffic/number of user/band
- -AP Management – User Number Limitation based on SSID
- -AP Management – Fixed Switching Time of RF
- -WLAN IDS – Standard/monitor/standard+monitor modes
- -WLAN IDS – Rogue AP discovery/Rogue Ad-hoc device discovery
- -WLAN IDS – Discover flooding attack/weak IV attack/spoof attack and prevent flooding attack
- -User Isolation on L2 Layer
- -Static Blacklist
- -Dynamic Blacklist
- -WLAN Security Encryption – Open System Authentication/Share Key Authentication
- -WLAN Security Encryption – Access Authentication PSK/802.1x
- -WLAN Security Encryption – Encryption Mode Plaintext/WEP/TKIP/CCMP (AES)
- -WLAN Security Encryption – Key Agreement Protocol WPA/RSN (WPA II)
- -PEAP Authentication
- -Wireless Positioning
- -Spectral Analysis
- -Heat Map
- -Remote Probe
- -Intelligent Identification of Smart Device
- -Fair Scheduling
- -VPN client
- -802.1X Authentication
- -WEB Authentication
- -HTTP Redirection
What is Max users supported on Ruijie WLAN solution?
Ruijie X-Sense series AP can support up to 100 active simultaneous users. Same time we would like to emphasize that in case, when it’s required high customer intensity WLAN coverage solutions (conference halls, open space offices, stations, airports) you should take in account few technologies from Ruijie, with are created to provide excellent user experience in such cases:
- Ruijie patented X-Sense Smart Antenna technology: This technology consists from 24 direction X-array distributed antennas and direction calculating unit. These smart antennas can automatically modulate as directional antennas and focus the energy beam on the client. This smart antenna matrix can distinguish 16+ millions different antenna combinations/directions and can automatically perform up to 300 signal path switch-overs within 1ms. Supporting Dual-Band, 3×3 MIMO 530 Series access point can reach throughput up to 1750 Mbps and support 100 concurrent users. So X-sense technology is basically adaptive virtual directional antennas with greatly reduces interference and enhances throughput. For learning more on this technology please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsGW9p8WORw
- Spectral Analysis: Ruijie Access Point products contain basic hardware of a mini spectral analyzer, covering 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency range of 802.11a/b/g/ac. The wireless transceiver in the AP device detects RF signals and transmits data to the spectral analyzer engine. The spectral analyzer receives data, performs Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), and sends spectral-related information to the controller, including basic information such as the power and monopulse-related information of the RF spectral. The controller formats the received data and sends it to the classification engine. When disturbed, the X-Sense Smart Antenna selects a better path to avoid interference. Test results show that Ruijie’s X-Sense Smart Antenna technology can effectively reduce interference by more than 30%.
- Intelligent load balancing: On a high-density wireless LAN, the RG-AP530-I AP pairs with Ruijie Wireless ACs to intelligently distribute users among different APs according to the number of users and data traffic in real time. This feature balances the load pressure on each AP and improves the average bandwidth and QoS, offering higher network availability.
- Radio Resource Management: Wireless Access Controller together with AP’s automatically adjust the radio frequency channel and power of AP according to a specific algorithm, thus avoiding the interference between AP signals which may compromise the normal operation of wireless network.
- Fair Scheduling: The fair scheduling allows users in the same RF range associate with the same AP to share the wireless network resource provided by the AP, impartially sharing wireless network bandwidth. Using the fair scheduling can prevent the low-speed users (old standard 802.11b WLAN card far from AP) slowing down the entire wireless network throughput and provide a smoother network speed experience for Users. Besides, the fair scheduling function can intellectually monitor every STA network flow change, automatically adjust the wireless bandwidth ratio of each STA and bring better wireless network experience to the clients.
What kind Wireless Intrusion Detection Ruijie Supports?
Ruijie WLAN solution has built-in WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System), with allows to perform detection of intrusion or malicious attacks at early stages. WIDS provides following functionality:
- “Rogue” Customer Device Detection
- “Rogue”Access Point Detection
- Ad-Hoc devices Detection
- IDS Attack Detection
Ruijie WLAN AP’s can be configured as monitoring AP (only listening/capturing WLAN network packets). These Monitoring AP’s performs detection of all surrounding WLAN devices on periodic basis. When detecting un-authorized devices, network administration receives alarm. Additionally it is possible to configure such counter-attack measures, as for example issuing automatized de-authentication frames to these devices forcing them disconnect from WLAN.
Additionally to rouge device detection, WIDS also providing IDS attack discovery:
- Flooding attack
- Spoof Attack Detection
- Weak IV (Weak Initialization Vector) attack
Can Ruijie AP work in standalone mode?
Ruijie Access Points can work as both – so called “Fat” mode and so called “Fit” mode.
Fat Mode – A fat access point (AP) is a wireless device that controls and manages wireless clients. It serves as a bridge between the client and the local area network and forwards frames between the wired and wireless interfaces. In Fat mode Access point provides all authentication, connection management, and encryption in itself.
Fit Mode – With fit APs, a network consists of a wired switch, access controllers (ACs) and fit APs. APs are simple wireless access points without management and control functions. The AC manages all APs and sends control policies, which are not configured on each AP, to specified APs. The AC is connected with multiple APs via the wired network, and users only need to configure and manage associated APs with the AC.