What are power options on Ruijie WLAN AP?
There are following power options on Ruijie WLAN AP:
– RG-AP530-I: (X-sense) – DC power adapter & 802.3af PoE (802.3at PoE+ for full performance)
– RG-AP330-I: (X-sense) – DC power adapter & 802.3af PoE
– RG-AP320-I: (X-sense) – DC power adapter & 802.3af PoE
– RG-AP220-E(M)-V2: (i-Share) – DC power adapter & 802.3af PoE
– RG-AP120-W (Wall): – 802.3af PoE
Has Ruijie WiFi planning tool?
Now we have Chinese version coverage planning system only. So you can share the project info to us,then we will help you to give you a plan report to you. Or you can use some other vendor’s software first.
Does Ruijie AP support WDS tehnology?
All Ruijie AP support WDS Technology (Wireless Distribution System). Additionally to WDS technology, Ruijie AP together with Wireless Controller provides Intelligent Load Balancing – real time distribution of active users between different AP in order to balance load of all AP’s.
Environment IP standard in Ruijie WLAN AP?
The indoor AP protection is IP40, For advanced environment, we will suggest to using the outdoor AP, which will be reach IP67 protection rank. (And this product will be release soon.)
Is X-Sense smart antenna tehnology supported in all Ruijie AP products?
Is X-Sense smart antenna tehnology is implemented in following three Ruijie WLAN Access Point models:
– RG-AP530-I: 2.4GHz and 5GHz / Concurrent 802.11b/g/n and 802.11ac / Spatial Streams 3 (3×3 MIMO)
– RG-AP330-I: 2.4GHz and 5GHz / Concurrent 802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n / Spatial Streams 3 (3×3 MIMO)
– RG-AP320-I: 2.4GHz and 5GHz / Concurrent 802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n / Spatial Streams 2 (2×2 MIMO)
How many SSID are supported on Ruijie WLAN AP?
Following numbers of SSID are supported on Ruijie WLAN AP:
– RG-AP120-W maximum 8 SSIDRG
– AP220-E(M)-V2 maximum 32 SSIDRG
– AP320-I maximum 32 SSIDRG
– AP330-I maximum 32 SSIDRG
– AP530-I maximum 32 SSID
What is Max users supported on Ruijie WLAN solution?
Ruijie X-Sense series AP can support up to 100 active simultaneous users. Same time we would like to emphasize that in case, when it’s required high customer intensity WLAN coverage solutions (conference halls, open space offices, stations, airports) you should take in account few technologies from Ruijie, with are created to provide excellent user experience in such cases:
- Ruijie patented X-Sense Smart Antenna technology: This technology consists from 24 direction X-array distributed antennas and direction calculating unit. These smart antennas can automatically modulate as directional antennas and focus the energy beam on the client. This smart antenna matrix can distinguish 16+ millions different antenna combinations/directions and can automatically perform up to 300 signal path switch-overs within 1ms. Supporting Dual-Band, 3×3 MIMO 530 Series access point can reach throughput up to 1750 Mbps and support 100 concurrent users. So X-sense technology is basically adaptive virtual directional antennas with greatly reduces interference and enhances throughput. For learning more on this technology please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsGW9p8WORw
- Spectral Analysis: Ruijie Access Point products contain basic hardware of a mini spectral analyzer, covering 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency range of 802.11a/b/g/ac. The wireless transceiver in the AP device detects RF signals and transmits data to the spectral analyzer engine. The spectral analyzer receives data, performs Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), and sends spectral-related information to the controller, including basic information such as the power and monopulse-related information of the RF spectral. The controller formats the received data and sends it to the classification engine. When disturbed, the X-Sense Smart Antenna selects a better path to avoid interference. Test results show that Ruijie’s X-Sense Smart Antenna technology can effectively reduce interference by more than 30%.
- Intelligent load balancing: On a high-density wireless LAN, the RG-AP530-I AP pairs with Ruijie Wireless ACs to intelligently distribute users among different APs according to the number of users and data traffic in real time. This feature balances the load pressure on each AP and improves the average bandwidth and QoS, offering higher network availability.
- Radio Resource Management: Wireless Access Controller together with AP’s automatically adjust the radio frequency channel and power of AP according to a specific algorithm, thus avoiding the interference between AP signals which may compromise the normal operation of wireless network.
- Fair Scheduling: The fair scheduling allows users in the same RF range associate with the same AP to share the wireless network resource provided by the AP, impartially sharing wireless network bandwidth. Using the fair scheduling can prevent the low-speed users (old standard 802.11b WLAN card far from AP) slowing down the entire wireless network throughput and provide a smoother network speed experience for Users. Besides, the fair scheduling function can intellectually monitor every STA network flow change, automatically adjust the wireless bandwidth ratio of each STA and bring better wireless network experience to the clients.
What kind Wireless Intrusion Detection Ruijie Supports?
Ruijie WLAN solution has built-in WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System), with allows to perform detection of intrusion or malicious attacks at early stages. WIDS provides following functionality:
- “Rogue” Customer Device Detection
- “Rogue”Access Point Detection
- Ad-Hoc devices Detection
- IDS Attack Detection
Ruijie WLAN AP’s can be configured as monitoring AP (only listening/capturing WLAN network packets). These Monitoring AP’s performs detection of all surrounding WLAN devices on periodic basis. When detecting un-authorized devices, network administration receives alarm. Additionally it is possible to configure such counter-attack measures, as for example issuing automatized de-authentication frames to these devices forcing them disconnect from WLAN.
Additionally to rouge device detection, WIDS also providing IDS attack discovery:
- Flooding attack
- Spoof Attack Detection
- Weak IV (Weak Initialization Vector) attack
Can Ruijie AP work in standalone mode?
Ruijie Access Points can work as both – so called “Fat” mode and so called “Fit” mode.
Fat Mode – A fat access point (AP) is a wireless device that controls and manages wireless clients. It serves as a bridge between the client and the local area network and forwards frames between the wired and wireless interfaces. In Fat mode Access point provides all authentication, connection management, and encryption in itself.
Fit Mode – With fit APs, a network consists of a wired switch, access controllers (ACs) and fit APs. APs are simple wireless access points without management and control functions. The AC manages all APs and sends control policies, which are not configured on each AP, to specified APs. The AC is connected with multiple APs via the wired network, and users only need to configure and manage associated APs with the AC.